Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And When October Goes...

Yes, it is my favorite time of year for so many reasons. I'm not sure if it's just that it doesn't last very long in the state we live in, or what, but I absolutely love Fall! This is one of the two big Maple trees we have in our front yard. When we moved in three years ago, I wasn't a huge fan, but seeing how these trees take care of us so much, like keeping us cool in the hot setting summer sun, and give us great color in the fall, they have become my favorite plant in the whole yard. We tried to get The Chub to smile on two occasions, but the only thing that would help was when Dad ran around the yard with him on his shoulders. But it is so much fun to see him discover the world around him, I really can't wait for him to play in the snow this winter!







This picture is my favorite!

No smile from The Chub, but it's still a cuddly picture.







The chub wanted to help Daddy so much out in the yard. He was fascinated by everything around him, but especially the rake. I hope that sticks with him when, years down the road, it will be a regular chore for him.
******************************************************
I don't know if you can tell the difference, but this last picture was taken before the others - if you look closely, you'll see that he's got his long hair in this pic and the ones above were after he "let" me cut his hair. He was such a good boy, I stripped him naked, and sat him in the bathroom sink while he played with toothbrushes and such. I was even able to use the scissors and the buzzer.

No comments: