Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee....

May President Hinckley's family be joyful that he and his sweetheart are now together forever.
I had to just do a shout out today for our beloved President Gordon Bitner Hinckley who passed away last night. You know what? My first thought was, "Now he gets to be reunited with his wifey forever, and see 'Jim Faust', and Elder Maxwell whom he loved."



I loved hearing the newscasters this morning (I didn't watch the news last night, so I didn't know until then) saying it was a shock because he wasn't in the hospital or sick or anything. Well, I'm not shocked, he went peacefully and in no pain. I'm totally at ease and so grateful that he can finally rest from his lifetime of many labors. What a chosen man.



Yesterday, in Primary, in response to my question, "Who is Called To Serve" (to set up learning the song, "Called To Serve") a little one, with their hand raised immediately, replied, "Joseph Smith." Wow, these young ones are so in tune....President Hinckley was Called to Serve as well, and boy did he do a lot of it.



One more interesting tidbit. As I was Visiting Teaching yesterday, I was relating how Satan will try to bring down the church, "He doesn't go and kill the prophet, because he knows that won't ruin the faith of the Church's members. A new Prophet will be called and the gospel will go on. He attacks the outer defenses, our families. And that is why we need to defend our loved ones." Wow, how ironically & prophetically speaking I was, yesterday. I didn't wish for it, but I knew some day it would happen.

My favorite picture is the one I've posted above. May he now be free of the sadness he felt when his beloved wifey passed away three years ago.





6 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey remember me, nikki tait, Great story you wrote about Hinkley by the way. Anyways I just wanted to drop a note and look at your blog to see what you guys were up too! Looks like you had a great holiday.

Jake and Kate said...

I've never seen that picture before, it brings tears to my eyes! He will for sure be missed by so many people, but I'm with you, I'm happy that he's with his Love again. What a great man!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Such a moving picture, isnt it?

I miss you too!

mann fam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steph and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric & Meg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.