Saturday, May 17, 2008

As Random As It Get's

I just wanted to kind of rap up the last little while by sharing some of my favorite moments. Looking back at these pictures even though they were only a month or so ago, is so much fun! I hope you enjoy too. My little Chub is such a shrimp! I guess he's a lot like I was when I was little, but lately I think it's because he loves milk so much that he doesn't leave room for anything else....that is...unless it is food that he can feed himself with. So needless to say, I've been accustomed to cleaning the kitchen three times a day to make sure we don't live like slobs (or look like them). Anyways, we gave up on the whole clothing issue this particular night (March 27th) and just experimented with being naked (minus the diaper, of course...I wouldn't want to clean up that mess too). We must have done something right because he ate a lot this night. Hmmm...maybe we'll have to try it again. Tonight's good for me.
This picture, taken March 25th was like the first pretty day since September when Chub Deuce was born. Aahhh! After enduring the hottest summer being pregnant, I was pretty mad about not having the extra insulation during the coldest stretch of weather these last months. Oh well, you always want what you don't have. But what I do have it two delicious boys, who, let me do some weeding while Deuce just tried to adjust his eyes to sunlight and The Chub wouldn't let go of this airplane without wings. But he always has time to hold his brother's hand. I love it!
So this Deuce is so much like his father, it kills me to find more comparisons every day! But the one I'm referring to is that his hair is dark, thick and grows quick (hmm...poet and don't know it?). This particular haircut on April 5th was his third, and at almost 7 months I think that's a lot. In fact, as I'm looking down at his locks roght now, he's needing another one. That's o.k., he's a cute little boy amongst all that drape. Ha ha.
I love this picture of my Chub on a warm windy day of April 29th. For me, it encompasses the joys of childhood not only for kids, but for their mommies who get the priviledge of witnessing it (such as myself). The funnest addition to his many quirks is that he can go down small slides on his own now, scoots his little bum closer and closer until his weight takes him down, and always yells "Go!" right before he takes the plunge. I'm giggling just reliving these daily occurances. Who needs a backyard, when you have a park down the street? (Notice this is the same shirt that was too big for him 6 months ago? Yeah, he's so small that he still fits in it. How de-ma-licious he is, my Chub)
I don't know how I made it through the winter without being able to enjoy the outdoors to clear my head. It spins all the time when there are so many people depending on you to take care of them, but when we go outside, life is good. The air, the space, ahhhh. You know what I'm talking about don't you? Well, this is my sanity saver, and my boys are looking at me in this picture, taken on April 28th, like, "Mom, do we really have to go on another stroll?"

This smiley smiley man is the ying to his yang of blood boilage. Yes, my little Deuce has a temper issue and he sure lets you know when he's not happy. Oh, but when he his and his dimples delve deep into his cheeks, my frustrations melt away. This smile was in reaction to his Daddy holding him up trying to keep him quiet for a moment in a restaurant. It's very rare to see us with our kids when we go out. It's just not worth it not being able to enjoy your food in peace. It just doesn't taste as good. But when they're happy at our kitchen table and we're all together, I think that's much better. Oh well, here's to my partly bipolar 8 month old, my shrimpy delicious 19 month old, and my better half of a hubby! Love you guys! (And thanks, Myah, for understanding that you need to spend time in your den when I need to take a 15 min. nap!) What a wonderful life I have! I'm so lucky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post!!! You are such a good mommy. Your little boys are so dang cute ya just want to squeeze them.