Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All Play (and no work)

We had the funnest time on a family picnic and park excursion the other day. What was unique about this trip was that we actually packed a picnic "basket". I think it was the first time we've used it since it was given to us 5 years ago for a wedding gift. The boys had a lot of fun despite the fact that there were a total of 3 slides that weren't wet from the snow melt. And being the overprotective mother I am, they were way over-bundled for the weather. It was 70 degrees.


What kills me the most about these babies is that they are opposites in so many ways....so I'm just baffled and entertained and cracking up all the time. Chub Deuce has no fear! He will jump out of your hands to crawl up the stairs and crawl and run away uber fast as to get into more trouble. Even The Chub had a worried look on his face when his brother decided to go down the slide head first.








Yeah, Chub Deuce goes down the slide on his own before I can even get to, "3..Go!" Yet, The Chub wants me to hold his hand all the way down. It is so hilarious. I predict Chub Deuce will be the instigator of trouble and The Chub will unwillingly go along just to protect his brother from utter destruction.

No, I did not pose my children, but when I uploaded the pictures, noticed that they both took the same contemplative pose on the playground. They are all craziness when it's just us, but when other kids come into the picture, they are silent observers. I just love my babies.
P.S. My husband thinks I'm crazy at how many pictures I take of these delicious boys. Am I?

4 comments:

Amanda and Nick said...

You just keep taking pictures :) They are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love taking pics of my baby!!~ So I am all for the billion pictures rule!!~ I love how fearless he is...what a heart breaker! ;) Both of your boys are just so darn cute I can't stand it...I want to kiss there cute little cheeks!!~

Grammy and Papa said...

Nikki, I just love looking at your blog. You have it all figured out!! Family is so wonderful and you are always doing something with your honey and your cute boys! I just love it!!

Jill + Nate said...

Love the new layout. It is so much fun. I love the park. I can't wait to take my boys there. It was good to see you this Thanksgiving.

Jill