
Halloween has had weeks of anticipation leading up to it, this year. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that would be worn a couple of times and then thrown away; I wanted to be unique and clever(which are two things that never accompany a sentence with my name); and I wanted to re-use whatever we bought(
The Hubby was excited about a possible Star Wars Light Saber to play with...but it didn't come to fruition this Halloween, sorry babe). Thanks to my Cricut Machine, I was able to cut the letters out of Vinyl. So if you see us sport these turtlenecks around Christmas time...no judging. Frugality, people.

So...since you (like EVERY other person - except one smart mom, love you Paula Barker) have no idea what my kids decided they wanted to personify for Halloween, I'd like to explain. My boys LOVED the idea of being Fred & Ted when I was asking them what they'd like to be(in close second place was The Man in the Yellow Hat & Curious George). They collectively made the final decision of Fred & Ted. Thank you Wal-Mart, for selling plain colored turtleneck shirts in the exact colors I needed.

My little flyboys have said they wanted to read this book before bed for the past...oh...two/three years. "Fwed & Ted, Mom!" Fred is tall, Ted is short and in this adventure (they have a few, like "Fred & Ted Go Skiing" and "Fred & Ted Go Camping") they go on a trip, flying in their own airplanes to an island where they surf, swim & play volleyball.

Little did I know it was such a posh idea when I was watching Jay Leno a few weeks back and saw Jennifer Garner explain how her daughter, Violet, demanded they go as the same characters! Yeah...she got the idea from me, even though this was Halloween 2008. Yeah, we're cool like that. So basically, Jennifer Garner and I are the only ones who know who these little dogs are. Even Jay Leno needed quite a lengthy explaination.

And...there are just no words for this. Only girly mommy screeches followed by inumerable kisses for my
Cherry Bomb. Funny...for Halloween she's a berry of a different variety. I was only looking for something warm for her, since I just KNEW it would be freezing this year after an Indian Summer last year. This costume I did buy, but it was at Kid to Kid. So what if this little one only wears it a couple of times? Isn't she just mouthwateringly delicious? We(meaning my very talented Mother-in-law, while I watched in awe) put a smaller elastic in the hat to help it stay on(and actually get used) her head. You wouldn't notice, unless you saw her everyday, but it weighs down her forehead to make her eyebrows sink. I think it's a cute look...half scowl/half smile.

Cannot resist this! I was making such high pitched noises that
Chub Deuce came in to check on me to make sure I was o.k. I can't help but giggle at all the pink and the chubbiness, and the "Strawberry Kisses."

So with a "Kiss", we say...Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
I love Fred and Ted! I used to read them all the time growing up! Can I be in you and Jennifer Garner's club? I love the simple costume idea!
Nik-your family is gorgeous.
Post a Comment