For some good family fun...you really DO have to try it once:The Utah Renaissance Festival and Faire in Ogden, Utah
After dressing up (borrowed costumes, I'm not skilled in the sewing department) and driving about 45 minutes, we ended up in a dirt parking lot and hoofed it to our "adventure."
Every time we go somewhere or try something new, even no matter how "educated" and prepared we think we are, we always have what we call and "adventure." It happens every time. Like getting lost along the way, finding out our destination is closed for the season, or testing our children's patience in the car.
We sure did a LOT of this! If you're up for people watching, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will find THE MOST interesting people to watch at this event/location. Trust me. Why do you think the last two pictures are of us staring? If you go there, you will know.
In between all the "people watching" we did, I sure couldn't get enough of the costumes our family was dressed in. Especially Chubette. It was as if this little princess (pushed around in her chariot, of course) was being served by her 4 servants (or 1 Lady in waiting and 3 Knights in Shining Armor). She was so much fun and it was her first appearance as a real princess. Loved it!
What would Renaissance be without a Pirate Ship? You'd be surprised. But the boys sure LOVED it (even though they couldn't go in it - we weren't sure how structurally sound it was). First on our Adventure Log Book. Check.
Second in our Adventure Log Book...Become officially Knighted. They swore an oath never to use their swords on family members(hmmm..let's see if they remember that), and even signed the decree with a thumb print. Hey, you can't beat $Free.99 right? And, just the other day, The Chub reminded me that he was "a real Knight."
Third entry in our Adventure Log Book...Petting some....everyday animals? The Chickens and Baby Goats were apparently not as familiar so we stuck to being brave at picking up a puppy. I'm totally fine with this.
Fourth entry...Real. Life. Jousting! The highlight of the experience, but with all of the hoopla before the actual Jousting itself, the kids were not all that impressed. I just felt bad for these men who hurt themselves for the thrill of the sport. Not only do they train for this, but they were filming a Reality TV Show about their experiences (yeah, just a hint of the kinds of things that went on there that day).
Well, that's it for our fun family adventure. And, as I said, we tried it once and that's about it. I mean, sure it wasn't Disneyland, but it was 100% worth trying it once.Side note: Aren't my kids amazing? Yeah, only cool people have one boy that wears princess jewels while the other picks his nose. I'm a good mom.
Can you believe I was there? I will now and forever make sure I take one picture of myself. Not because I'm vain, but because I want to remember that I was actually a part of all these memories. Wow, I'm so glad I found my Knight and got to spend time with him and our miniature knights and princess. Hazah!
4 comments:
Your family looks darling all dressed up! It looks like fun and worth trying! Love your blog!
Oh my goodness! I think you have the cutest little kids I've ever seen! i LOVE these pictures! SOOOOO adorable!
So funny, yet so cute!! I loved the last picture of the 3 of them all dress up in thier knight and princess attire! Your not a knight if you don't pick your nose or wear princess jewels!! Ha Ha.. So excited to see my 2 favorite Knights and little princess this weekend!! And of course you too!!
Good for you. Fun and funny. I just had to laugh. That final pic with the beads and nose, priceless. Thanks for sharing your adventure with me.
Post a Comment