My life has changed since Christmas 2010. Yes, the hubby gave me this little number before we went home for Christmas and after I shed tears and emitted all sorts of girlie screams while jumping up & down, he added, "I consider this the best investment I've ever made." Amen babe, Amen.
Already I've mended and sewed and patched and fixed numerous things around the house in the last 4 months (kind of a glamorous Cinderella Dream, I know). Needless to say, it has already paid for itself. And there wasn't much of a learning curve. It's my favorite toy in the house.
Already I've mended and sewed and patched and fixed numerous things around the house in the last 4 months (kind of a glamorous Cinderella Dream, I know). Needless to say, it has already paid for itself. And there wasn't much of a learning curve. It's my favorite toy in the house.
Here is the first project that I decided to inaugurate the Sewing Machine and novice sewing skills on. This sweet Cabbage Patch doll that my honey got for her first birthday came with clothes that were unsightly - a real let down.
So, I found a tutorial at The Polka Dot Chair for a Twirly Dolly Skirt and was inspired to say the least. I made the top just by looking at the said unsightly onesie already donned by the doll - I think it accents the twirly skirt nicely.
So, I found a tutorial at The Polka Dot Chair for a Twirly Dolly Skirt and was inspired to say the least. I made the top just by looking at the said unsightly onesie already donned by the doll - I think it accents the twirly skirt nicely.
(what's best is that I used things I already had here at home - can't beat $Free.99)
This doll was always a favorite of my honey but now, it's a beautifully-dressed-favorite. Just today, I saw her stroking her fingers along the trim and saying, "oooh" - my work is done.
3 comments:
That's the cutest thing!! I have been waiting to see your recent creations! Keep them coming!
soo cute, keep posting what you've created.
You crack me up. BEAUTIFUL project! I too just got my first sewing machine and am loving learning how to play with it. I wish I had lots of cute fabric just lying around my house, but I'm sure it will come in good time...
Post a Comment