Monday, July 28, 2008

Road Ode

(I figured this was as good a time as any to sport my medal. Isn't silver a great color? ;-) This post is dedicated to Uncle Ed (yes, you). I was thinking about how you said that you don't like to listen to music while you run because you are unable to solve the world's problems in your head at the same time. I just wanted to let you know that it is possible and I know you can do it, because the other day, while running, pushing the double stroller full of boys, one hand on the dog's leash, with my ipod singing away in my ears...
I wrote this poem.
Hope it inspires you.
Everyone, Enjoy!

The ground is my treadmill.
I run to the beat of my heart.
My Gym Membership has no contract, no fee & it goes where I go.
The race I run has no finish line.
My only competitor is myself.
The hills in my path are the only social latters I care to climb.
I multitask, but do one thing.
I run
to renew my strength, my sanity, my soul.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Very good, I like it!!

Heather said...

okay... i swear... is there anything you don't do? You are like my hero. Mrs. Superwoman! You are so wonderful Nikki! I need to learn from you!

Anonymous said...

You are a very talented person, not only can you multitask but you can write poems!?!? BTW: I totaly love the poem, it is so true in so many aspects of life.

*We're Unplugged* said...

So, this has nothing to do with your post today, but I got in my car yesterday after getting some groceries and I heard Karen on the radio. I knew as soon as I heard her voice, who it was. I was sad that I did not get to hear her sing (my visiting teachers were sitting on my porch, when I got home!), but it made me miss the good ole days! Good Luck at Tryouts! I am rooting for both of you!

The Jensen's said...

Nikki, I would love to borrow your maternity suits for Bear Lake. Thanks for offering them to me! I was going to try and make my "fat" suit fit from last year and just wear a tank top. If you remember to throw them in that would be great. I am counting the days till we can all be together and see all these boys on the beach!!
P.S. Could you be anymore fantastic!! I mean come on!!! You go girl!

Steph H said...

Wow, that is very inspiring. I wish I loved to run like other people do. This is how my husband feels about running. Unfortunately I've never been able to muster up the love for it. But I feel this way about painting. It's so theraputic for me and sometimes it doesn't matter what the end result is, I'm rejuvinated by just watching my brush lay down paint on the canvas.