Monday, October 27, 2008

When it Rains it Splashes

Whoever said there's nothing to do in Logan? Well...I have to confess that I was a little sceptical before we went to visit Cam & Linds. We were up there for Conference Weekend but I'm just barely getting around to making my pictures look better than I originally took them(does that make sense?). We really did have a great time...Thanks for being such great hosts(I still remember when you lived in an apartment and gave up your bed to the pregnant lady)! Splish Splash. Of course we wanted to kill some time when the sun finaly came out on Sunday morning. I just love that The Chub decided that the best spot to play in the water was right by the huge slimy worm in the gutter. We're so sanitary at our house, huh?
Best Buds Forever. The Chub and The Dud. And I thought both KIDS were trouble...but these two together...another story entirely.
I'm tellin' ya, these kids found the funnest places to play(and to be photographed by their mother). It's amazing how I'd look at the porch or the gutter and be like, "same old, same old" but it's all fair game to these guys.
Next to The Chub being extremely interested in the "Moo Cows" behind the fence, he liked the trampoline the best. That is, until we had him go to the middle where he couldn't hold on to anyone and totally freaked out at his lack of balance and security.
The look on his face was priceless! Poor guy.
But...luckily The Chub has a Chub Deuce to ride?! Where do boys get this instant fascination to wrestle and climb and body slam and take rides on one another? Ha ha. It still baffles me, even though I like to take part in the wrestling when I just HAVE to smooch them.
This was Chub Deuce's reaction to being "done" with the trampoline. He loved it for awhile and I got some good smiles out of him(and, of course, on camera) but this look was just so...him...that I wanted to treasure it and share it.
Sigh. My little 2-year-old. I still miss him when he goes down for a nap and I can't wait to see him after The Hubby and I come home from much needed time alone(although, it's nice to get away).
This is what lifes all about.
And....this too.

4 comments:

Jill + Nate said...

Those pictures are priceless. Such cute kids. I am so glad my boys have eachother. Boys need a brother.

Jami and Family said...

So cute! Your pictures look great, I love how you edited them and changed the color and stuff! Your family is so cute and they are getting so big!

Muse Fam said...

Nikki you should blow the photo up of the two boys on the porch. The lighting and everything is perfect. Way to catch the moment.

Erin said...

such cute pics! you have a great fam!